Monday, March 07, 2011

PHOTOGRAPHY WITH WILD ABANDON...
...or, the coastline near Bandon, Oregon...
-
I posted some photos of Cape Blanco last month, and on the way back from there, I stopped off in Bandon to take some more photos, which are unpublished until now. (You can find the Cape Blanco photos by scrolling down, or failing that, going to the Feb. 2011 archive.) I'd wanted to spend some time on the Bandon beach. The last time I went here, I was pressed for time. So anyway, come to the ocean with me...
-
Left: 200 feet above the ocean, looking north towards Cape Arago, 25 miles away. Right: Seastacks scattered on the beach, looking south.
-
Left: some expensive real estate out there with lots of lumber scattered around. Right: The big staircase provides beach access.
-
Left (and right): Down on the beach, among the seastacks. Some of the smaller rocks are white agate-type stones, rounded off by erosion.
-
Left: Seastack with seagull perched on top. Right: Coast Guard ship a few miles out. I had to wait for the ship to position itself. Fairly warm, but Windy.
-
Left: The same ship, further out while waves crash on that big rock. Right: The beach curves around to another set of steps and a hilly path.
-
Left: The sun is sinking low, and I've returned back to where I started. Right: A huge set of seastacks, with a hole that waves churn through.
-
Left: A group of high school runners stretching before their evening run. Right: A gorgeous sunset from high above. Colors by Ma Nature.
-
After climbing up the stairs and then on the steep pathway back up to the top showed me exactly how far out-of-shape I am. After that last photo, I had to hurry up and get out of there; I figured there was half-an-hour of light left and home is close to 30 miles away, and I made it just before Total Darkness set in. My night vision's not what it used to be. But I definitely wanna come back down here and spend more time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home