Tuesday, November 23, 2010

YEAH, I SAID IT, DIDN'T I?
...or, stuff like this doesn't happen in a Perfect World...
-
I've written about Oregon Coast weather fairly frequently since I moved here So Very Long Ago. I've been telling those in higher-up areas where it snows year in and year out, that, "I hardly ever see snow down here and by 10am, it's usually ALL GONE!" Yeah, I said it. I've made fun of the TV Weather-people here, saying how they all freaked out when it snowed anything over one-sixteenth of an inch. Here in this blog, I've marveled in large part, at the substitution of Winter Rain for Winter Snow, saying all the while that rain may be gloomy, but "at least I don't have to shovel rain". Yep, I said it. I've said over and over that it can rain all it wants to; it's better than experiencing Snow; and I suppose, over time, I thot life was snow-proof here on the coast.
-
All I can say to that is, in A Perfect World, I would always be right. In a Perfect World, once I've gotten used to something, it would never change. In A Perfect World, I would keep my mouth shut and listen more. In A Perfect World, we wouldn't have to hear "Feliz Navidad" during the Christmas Season. In A Perfect World, there would be no TV commercials. In a Perfect World, Sarah Palin would stay in Alaska, trying to find that spot that she once saw Siberia from. Of course, in a Perfect World, I would never get so easily side-tracked as I did here.
-
Back to reality; at least my own version thereof...it had been fairly c-c-cold the last few nights; I've had to fire up the space-heaters more than usual, have been wearing socks to bed (too much information, probably). Other than that, tho, life's been predictable, everything was happening as it should, life was my version of Perfect, or at least, as close as it can get, I thot, leaving the house thru the back door, and THEN I was met by this scene...oh, Lordy...
-
-
These fotos were taken about 1:30pm. Wet, gloppy snow all over my vehicle. A little over an inch deep. Yesterday afternoon, it rained with Forceful Vengeance deep into the night. Mother Nature thought she'd play a trick on me...she made the rain turn to snow while I was asleep (she's crafty), the snow had not disappeared after 10am, like I used to gloat, and what's more, the snow was still on the ground when I got home this evening. Waah, waaah, waaaah. I hate snow. That's all there is to it. Obviously, the World wasn't perfect today. I made a deal with Mother Nature; I said she could 'snow' all she wanted as long as it was gone before I came out to get in the car. Obviously, that wasn't any sort of binding agreement..."HEY! YOU! MOTHER NATURE, GET BACK HERE!! YOU GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO DO!"
-
This blog-post touches upon something, though. What would your idea of a perfect world consist of? In my Perfect World, John F. Kennedy would've been President up thru 1968; John Lennon would be coming out with a Greatest-Hits CD, consisting of material he'd recorded between 1980 and the present; I could tune in every day to an "All-WKRP In Cincinnati" TV station; Chocolate wouldn't have any calories; gasoline would revert back to the 27.9 cents-per-gallon figure it was when I began driving, the Seattle Mariners would be world champions, having won the last 4 World Series, and there would be a way to clamp shut, by remote control, the mouth of the annoying, loud-barking mutt my next door neighbors continue to feed. And...in a perfect world, I would've had the ability to make different decisions whenever a 'fork' came along. Too late for that, huh?
-
Yogi Berra, the still-famous catcher of old, once said, "If You See A Fork In The Road, Take It". The "Fork" move in Chess puts two of your pieces in jeopardy at the same time; no matter which one you move, you're gonna lose a piece. And if your King happens to be blocked, You Lose! The trick is not to get blocked...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home