Tuesday, July 20, 2010

CONSIDER YOURSELF CULTURED...
...I humbly present "A Study In Useless Beach Furniture..."
-
It all started when I went to the beach the other day. Sometimes folks will just leave unwanted items on the beach, guessing that perhaps the tide will rise up and carry those items out to sea. Most photo or painting expositions feature at least a few entries where the artist/photographer has focused their attention on, such as an ugly pot or vase. So why can't I do that, too? Let me humbly present my first-ever Study Of A Useless Object...I call this photo, "Beach Chair Out In The Middle Of Nowhere"...
-

-
I daresay this chair has seen its better days. Here, it's sitting by a fire pit someone had ignited the night before. I can't figure it out, however; rather than going home where it's warm, they'd rather drive out to the beach, where they can light a fire, pretending it's warming them up, but most likely, shivering and not wanting the others to know that he/she is Actually Cold. Damp air after the Sun Goes Down always equals "BRRRRR."
-
Actually, I'm surprised someone didn't rip off the fabric and toss it into the Beach Fire for kicks. Regarding the usage of wooden pallets for a beach fire, I've been told that it's not a good idea to bring Pallets to burn, 'cos there's nails in them that get left behind. A rusty nail in the bottom of the foot really isn't very much fun. So I've included a Public Service Announcement within this Photo Exhibition! Vote for ME! So without further adieu, let me present "Beach Chair That's Obviously Seen Better Days"...
-

-
I'd actually thot about taking the chair home with me, but since I'm a total klutz and can't hammer a nail or screw in a screw without gashing myself, it was a case of 'neverrrr-mind" Whenever I try to repair something, I've been told I have the "blacksmith's touch". Better for me to rip the item apart then try to fix it... less disappointment that way. My advice to those using these kind of chairs: They're designed to only have One Person Sitting In Them At A Time. R-r-r-rip!!!!!
-
I'd headed to the beach for a stroll, walking stick in hand. I've found that walking uphill on unpacked sand feels similar to using one of those stair-stepper exercise machines. No, I haven't tackled the nearby dunes; I'm just talking about getting From Beach To Car.
-

-
This was taken mid-afternoon; I call this photo "Chair Which Hasn't Been Moved Yet" (As if this blog was close to anything approaching any kind of art). The tide is going out obviously, but when high tide comes around, it rises to just about where the chair is. The chair, a couple of days later, is gone, so perhaps my theory of Beach Junk Washing Away with the tide is spot-on.
-
So I'd gone walking up the beach, enjoying the soothing cool breeze and all the birds flying around, and after a couple of hours on the beach, I always feel better. Beach Therapy, for sure. I was heading back to the car when I remembered the Beach Chair and wanted to see if it was still there...and yeah, it was, so may I present "Tattered Chair Waiting For Someone To Take It Home which obviously hadn't happened yet." (What can I say; I like long titles.)
-

-
So consider yourself as culturally advanced after enduring what could be called, "My First Photo Study Of A Totally Useless Object In Decrepid Condition". No one wanted to fix it. Ain't that the way it is, though; as long as you're useful and are helpful in assisting someone achieve what they were trying to do, ya don't get cast aside. But the minute you become useless, you get tossed aside and left on the beach to get swept out to sea by the high tide.
-
Finally...I've bought a refurbished Toshiba Satellite 'L5000' computer. It's three times as powerful as my old machine (See previous post, below this one), and it cost over a hundred bucks LESS. It's got Windows Vista, which is fairly simple to use, although I'm wondering, how to locate the photos I've Uploaded...XP made things simple that way. Vista is trying to drive me crazy. I think it's succeeding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home