Saturday, September 26, 2009

SOME RANDOM PHOTOS...
It may be September, but the weather here can be Gorgeous!
-
I've noticed that my posts lately have been long, drawn out, and quite possibly excruciating to read. So, every now and then I have to offset that by putting up pictures! What would life be like without pictures? Dullsville, man...
-

-
The above two photos were taken inland, on the bay here in Coos Bay; at left is a bench that's positioned on a hillside near a Public Boat Ramp. A little further down the bay, a couple of commercial boats are having a really mellow day off. Scenery, Scenery and More Scenery. Temperatures have been warm lately; in fact, it got to 90 (F) last Monday. That's the warmest daytime temperature I've experienced in my almost-three years here.
-

-
Later that day, I went back to the Ocean to see if it was any cooler there than it was inland (not much), and that's when I spotted this little pleasure-cruiser coming into the bay; at left, it's approaching the inlet; at right, it's in the channel. Look how much bigger this boat is in comparison to the vehicles in the relative foreground. The boat's name is the "Vaio-(something)" (hey it's hard to read thru binoculars) and it's Plain Old Huge!
-

-
I believe I've previously posted about this, but here's visual clarification: (I think I wrote about this in an earlier post) My zany little female Pied cockatiel laid an egg recently. She'd been acting all squirrely; she'll crawl down my leg and explore the room; she was evidently seeking a safe place, and the bottom of the shelf unit must've looked okay to her, and she Did Her Thing.
-
-
Here's a couple of end-of-the-day photos that I haven't done anything with yet; it's always amazing how big the sun's image gets as it gets ready to set. I wonder if that ever happens with the Moon; does a full moon setting over the ocean ever get that huge? I don't know, because lately the Moon has been setting Waaay south, so the Crescent Moon I captured above will have to do.
-
Finally, most of the above photos were taken on the day I had my car in the shop; I had to get the drivers' side window-clamp thing-a-ma-jig fixed. And you know, I like to haggle if I can; try to get the price down to as little as I have to pay, but I don't dare give this shop any problems, for they have this little item on their Office Door...note the hand grenade...

-
So there ya have it, yer Average General Posting About Nothing In Particular. Just the world as I see it, which probably ain't that important in the greater scheme of things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home