Friday, March 13, 2009

Well, what'll I post about NOW?
...its truly the 'Badlands of Blogging', ain't it?
-
Can it be true? Have I really been dumping stuff here since October 2004? And, it easy to see that I have absolutely nothing to blog about, since I've started off this post with a bunch of questions? My answer: Its MARCH. A Month that's even more bland than NOvember. Face it, there's NOTHING exciting about March. I don't care about pro hockey or pro basketball, or even NASCAR racing. Baseball's begun, but it's hard to care about Spring Training. And of course, Football's all done 'till next fall. There's not enough Sunshine here on the O-coast, and on those few Sunny Days, it's Cold and Windy. In spite of that, I went for a stroll on the Beach yesterday, a 30mph wind blowing straight into my face. So far, I've managed to keep my hat on, although one of these days the wind will lift my hat off my head and dump it, say, somewhere around Baja California. WAIT! That's IT! I took some more annoying photos this week which oughta be good for a few column-inches here...
-
Whilst beach-walking yesterday, I headed north, straight into the stiff breeze, and all I could think about was, "get to the Jetty...get to the Jetty". The Jetty is a 12-foot high rock wall of sorts that extends out into the ocean; there's deep water between the North and South Jetties, and that's how ships get into the bay. The great thing about reaching the Jetty is that it serves as a quite effective Wind Block. All you gotta do is find a comfy rock to sit on (comfy rock?) and take it all in. Skies were blue yesterday, the Sun was shining, but it was only when I got to the Jetty that I felt any of its warmth. And as always, I really appreciate the solitude of the beach; there's always plenty of room for everyone who goes there, although sometimes its hard to find a place to park the car during Tourist Season, what with "no-clue motorists" driving Winnebagos which equal, if not surpass, the worth of the Homes they live in. Although, with the economy the way it is, I wonder if the Winnebago will go the way of the mighty Brontosaurus...tar-pit city...

-
Of course, a blog, even if it's about not much in particular, becomes enhanced through the use of appropriate visual aids. So, positioned above, are the Winnebago and the big fat Brontosaurus, two dinosaurs that consumed more than their share...and while one's long gone, the other's on the way out...
-__________________________________________________________


-
Next up, the foto on the left shows a Kite being flown on the Beach while I took a picture from above. The O-coast is a good place to go if someone tells you to "go fly a kite". I hear that often. The photo at right shows a beaten-up and battered fishing boat trying to get to the safety of the Harbour in One Piece. The South Jetty is visible here; the Jetties link the Ocean To The Bay. (Kite foto taken in January; all others taken this week...)
-__________________________________________________________
-

-
Walking along the beach, I stepped into the windswept fray; the photo at left shows yet another Fishing Boat being haplessly tossed about by the waves; hope no one on it got very seasick. At right, I am hiding behind the South Jetty, protected from the winds for a while...
__________________________________________________________
-
-
But did I have sense enough to stay protected from the wind? Of course not. I climbed on top of the jetty and caught another view of the little fishing boat battling its way to the harbour. The foto at right shows the weatherbeaten South jetty, with rocks strewn all over the place by mighty ocean waves mercilessly bashing shoreward, along with someone's rusty pipe handiwork that seems to be saying "Four O'Clock"...
-__________________________________________________________

Finally, before I close this post, you might recall that I mentioned Baseball...and the Real Baseball Season will be starting soon, not the useless charade known as Spring Training. I understand the Seattle Mariners don't really have any dominating pitchers yet, and we all know it's the M's pitching that has really sunk the franchise over the years. The M's Need Pitching...and if they don't get it, the ceaselessly pounding, turbulent ocean waves may claim another victim...hopefully the Mariners' ship won't sink any lower than it did last season, in which the team wasn't even good enough to be abysmal, but anything's possible. Row, Row, Row yer boat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home