Thursday, January 29, 2009

Things are "Looking Up"...
This is a photo-posting. Click on the photos and they'll get really, really big.
-
You might remember that I posted a photo recently, which looked STRAIGHT DOWN a cliff, as it dumped into the ocean...well, here's the opposite of that...I was standing at the bottom of a cliff that didn't tumble into the water, and it looks STRAIGHT UP to where the vegetation at cliff's top is...
-


-

It was my mission, yesterday, to go Witness A Sunset...like so many other days, it was cloudy all day, but the clouds gave way briefly in the evening. I made my way down to Cape Arago as sunset was drawing nigh, and took a shot of what I like to call "The Cape Arago Tree"...this is where I took a picture of an artist actually painting this tree...seems so long ago. Ladies and Gentlemen, The Cape Arago Tree in the evening. Note the rock outcroppings far below and the waves crashing upon them. It was windy out there...
-


-

...and finally, the Sunset itself. The sunset was actually pre-empted by a cloud bank on the horizon, which is about 28 miles in the distance; had it not been for those clouds, the sun would've remained visible for another 5 or 10 minutes. Still, I had to take what I could get, so here 'tis...another Cape Arago Sunset...if you look really close, you can see where the cloud bank meets the ocean...
-


-

What a nice way to end the day...right after this, though, 'twas time to scurry down the winding, twisty, narrow road before the residual sunlight disappeared altogether. It's nice to know, however, that the days are getting longer; this sunset photo was taken at about 5:30pm. So, I guess things are...looking up...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mari Meehan said...

Beautiful. What more need be said?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Lil ol' me... said...

Thanks, Ms. Dogwalkker; you said it all. I think part of me has always wished I was a professional photographer. Although, anyone can take a good photo out here...hard to take a bad foto on the coast...

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home