Monday, January 19, 2009

Lookin' For A Leader...
A New Administration, a new hope...

Words by Neil Young; a song from his 2006 album, "Living With War"...

Looking for a leader to bring our country home
Reunite the red, white and blue before it turns to stone
Lookin' for somebody young enough to take it on
Clean up the corruption and make the country strong

Walkin' among our people there's someone who's straight and strong
To lead us from desolation and a broken world gone wrong
Someone walks among us and I hope he hears the call
And maybe it's a woman or a black man after all



President Barack Obama takes over tomorrow, January 20th, 2009. You might notice that I'm actually using the correct spelling of "President" for a change. The best way I can explain that? It's a respect 'thing'. Obama will be Our President. George W. Bush was a 'Prezzident'.

At this writing, the question's being asked, "Does Obama's Presidency mean that Martin Luther King's dream Is Now Fulfilled?" Of course not. No, it isn't. But it's a step in the right direction. There's a lot of wrongs which need to be righted in this country. But for now, yes, there's hope.

Good Luck, Mr. President.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mari Meehan said...

Amen.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Lil ol' me... said...

Thank you, Ms. Doggwalker. I just hope Obama gets a realistic chance to prove himself. I think that, because he's already been functioning as President since the first of the year says a lot. I don't care if he makes mistakes along the way; I just want someone I can respect and look up to, in the Oval Office.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Word Tosser said...

Amen to both

7:30 PM  
Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Lets hope he makes it easier for 'Brits' to up sticks and move to america without having to have a mexican name...

x

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah.. Now if the republicans will just give him a chance instead of being poor losers as usual.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Lil ol' me... said...

Ms. Marmee, you thinkin' about migrating over here? You'd be a welcome addition.

And, Mr. Anonymour...I don't know what'll happen. As Long as I See Obama putting forth genuine effort, things have just GOT to improve...don't they?

11:07 PM  
Blogger Lil ol' me... said...

Cis, don't worry, I saw your comment, too. Didn't wanna leave you out. Now we voyage into the great beyond, with our fingers crossed...it's an adventure...

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home