Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Is She Facing The Music?
Yesterday...all her troubles seemed so far away...

Dear Reader: The Following Idiotic Post was originally completed before I'd found out that Hillary Clinton won the latest Political Primary. Still, it represents pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. Now, back to our regularly-scheduled post, already in progress...

Not that I follow the Prezzidential Pry-maries all that much, because I don't. It all basically boils down to this: Some folks in selected states are going to be able to list their Prezzidential preferences before the rest of us do. So, no, I really don't pay much attention to these "primary' things, 'cos there's no one in this neck of the woods who could do anything about anything anyhow. We'll end up voting for the candidates who have pretty much been pre-selected for us to vote for. Ah, but it gives all the talking heads all over the tube a chance to strut their stuff, because after all, This Is Big News That We All Need To Know, right? I said, "right?"

But something really caught my eye over the weekend. How could it not? The front page of an exploitative, shameless, muckraking tabloid noozpaper based in Boston featured Hillary Clinton's face inside of the play-hole of an old 1965 Beatles' single, and the headline said it all: "SHE'S SO...YESTERDAY". Well, anything with a Beatles' association would catch my attention, and so this did. Of course, it caught the attention of a 'few' other folks too: Journalists, talk-show hosts and just about everyone with some sort of access to a TV camera were waving the tabloid around maniacally on camera, giving already-politically-weary viewers yet another reason to run for the Alka-Seltzer.

I tried in vain to find a picture of that Boston tabloid snooze-paper to post. I looked everywhere. Google, Yahoo, Yee-haw and wherever else. Must be some copyright thing; someone out there's bein' stingy with their images. Okay, fine. Instead of my being able to post the Real Thing, I was forced to post a cheap imitation thereof. And, as of this post, blogging has hit a new low...

















The only thing I am certain of, is that things can't get any worse, right? I mean, take into account who will no longer be Prezzident as of next January 20th. And yet, right now on MSNBC's "Hardball", I just saw footage of Barack Obama saying, "Let's All Change The World!!!" Rah, rah, rah. It's never that simple.

Politics is never as simplistic as the candidates would have us believe. In a Representative Democracy such as ours, there are many, many shades of gray. More often than not, a new (or old) Prezzident can have real battles on his hands trying to get anything done. And that's when things are going well. Toss in a scandal or two, and well, hang on, 'cos it's gonna be a ROUGH RIDE. Any Prezzident who has thoughts about being an incumbent has gotta start running for his next term two years into a four-year administration. Be President? Subject myself to endless speculation by EVERYONE? Why would anyone want to DO that to themselves? Isn't it supposed to be part of the American Dream that 'any kid can grow up to be Prezzident? If I was that kid, I'd say "thanks but no thanks".
____________________

Yesterday...I wished politics would just go 'way...And I need a place to hide-a-way...From all this crap heard every day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home