Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's about TIME...
Somethin's happening, but you don't know what it is, do you, MR. BUSH?
(apologies to Bob Dylan there...)

Well, another election day has come and gone. I've been watching a gang of talking heads on MSNBC, and from them I've gathered that this time around, Democrats have won the House, and the Republicans are in danger of losing the Senate. Sort of a semi-backlash against all things Republican. Indeed, some Republican candidates haven't WANTED Prezzident Bush to come campaign for them! Talk about guilt-by-association! Can it be that I'm not that far off the mark?

I am severely disenchanted with the entire political process...as an example, tonite, Harold Ford, a young up-and-comer, lost his election bid in the State of Tennessee, to his opponent, who ran an ad with alleged racist overtones. Mr. Ford is black, you see. Tennessee is in the South. You do the math. Stuff like this is just awful. And, as a backdrop that won't just go away, over 40% of Americans DISAPPROVE of the Iraq War. Are you LISTENING, Mr. Prezzident? I didn't think so...


Now, don't let your dentures fall out over this. It's a fake cover.

Whatever happens in the next two years, you've gotta figure that the Democrats are lickin' their chops right about now. I DO know that I saw the current issue of TIME Magazine at the library today, and the cover photo shows George W. Bush walking OFF the cover. TIME's way of saying that this administration and its policies are on the WAY OUT, perhaps? I'm not kidding when I say that magazine cover was highly unusual and eye-catching. I couldn't believe it when I saw it!

So will we see sudden and dramatic change due to the outcome of this year's mid-terms? Probably not, knowing the way things happen with all things Governmental. But I'll guarantee ya that Democrats are circling around the Prezzidency like vultures in the Mojave desert. Hint to all Democrats out there: remember three words when you go to the '08 convention: ANYBODY BUT HILLARY! Or we might have ANOTHER 8 years of Republican-isms. And as the last six years have shown...those just don't work anymore.
____________________

As a matter of fact, if you're gonna be making political contributions, send 'em to ME! No, I don't plan on running for any kind of office, but then again, any policies I might have won't hurt you or this country!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home