Wednesday, November 01, 2006

BALD-HEADED BIRDS...
...in their dirty underwear...

That's an attention-grabbing header, ain't it?

I can draw a little bit, and I've made weak stabs at cartooning. My class notes in high school and college were always full of dumb drawings. Once in science class, I drew a picture of a salivating Venus Flytrap plant who'd bitten off a guy's arm. He's standing there with his chopped-off arm, and you can see the outline of that arm in stalk of the Venus Flytrap. Really sick, huh? Later on, when I began reading the paper every day, sometimes I'd see a photo of a politician or whatever, and draw in little thought-balloon captions, and leave the newspaper for other people in the restaurant to read. I often wonder what they thought. Obviously, this was back in the dark ages before computer. Dark ages indeed.

I think maybe I've tried to be too "topical" over the last year in this blog, trying to impress upon everyone that I know a lot, when all I've really been doing is trying unsuccessfully to prove that to myself. But, in other postings, I just wanted to be goofy and have fun. Let someone else debate important stuff. So, the friend of mine who showed me how to use my photoshop program kinda created a monster of Frankensteinian proportions...me. Heaven help us all. To that end, "Huckleberries Online" (www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/hbo) has been a great source of some pretty strange photos. Photos which get the ol' imagination going. And I've satirized a lot of those fotos. Some turned out great, others I thot were quite sophmoric. The following photo-satire lies somewhere in-between those extremes. You might even think it's for the birds. Cheep, cheep.



Ever hear that song, "Tennessee Birdwalk"? These must be the "bald-headed birds in their dirty underwear". Chirp, Chirp.....are these Sparrows? Finches? I'm not sure, but they're not very glamorous-appearing. They could be referred to as "foul" fowl. Or not. Chirp, Chirp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home