Monday, October 30, 2006

HAIL TO THE CHIEF!
Whoa, wait a minute...DON'T!


The Prezzidential approval ratings are down. Way down. Democrats don't want to create even the slightest impression that they support Prezzident Bush. And, it's turning out that candidates from his own Republican party really don't want him to try and help out their campaigns. If Dubya swims as well as he governs, someone would have to toss him a life raft! If I were him, I'd feel lonelier than the Maytag Repairman these days...

Obviously, Iraq is an issue. So is Hurricane Katrina. So is the Southern Border, which may soon be (partially) lined with a mondo-expensive fence that doesn't extend all the way 'cross the southern U.S.. There would be "gaps" in the fence. I'm kinda thinkin', if you wanna keep your dog in the yard, you ENCIRCLE THE ENTIRE YARD with a fence. But then again, that's "common sense". A precious commodity in D.C.

I cannot bear to watch or listen to this Prezzident. Why? Simple...I can't STAND him. He comes across on camera all smart-alecky, as if he's thinking this is all a joke, but he ain't gonna share it with the public or the Press. It also appears he is stubborn. So are JACKASSES. Does he have ANY IDEA of how FUTILE the Iraq war is? I cannot help but think he is incapable of dealing with large issues of a worldwide scale. I can't put my finger on it, but every time I see and/or listen to Bush, I think, "whoa, something's MISSING here."

Bill Clinton may be the most notorious Prezzident we've ever had, but at least he came across with a bit of CARING HUMANITY every now and then. I will always think it's a tragedy that he sabotaged his public perception in such a shallow way. But if he'd been able to run against Bush, I woulda voted for him in a heartbeat. Heck, Ronald Reagan in the final stages of Alzheimers' would be a better Prezzident than what inhabits the White House these days.

I was raised to love my country and respect the Prezzidency. Well, I don't respect this Prezzident, and I don't like what this country is becoming. This is my own personal view, but I have a sinking feeling that this administration doesn't have a CLUE. And, more importantly, this Prezzident seems to have no idea what he is doing. What's worse, if he DOES know what he's doing, where does that leave the rest of us?



I am largely apolitical. My eyes glaze over when the issues are debated. And I would dare say there are others, many others, like me out there. And if I feel this way about the way things are going, and the way our Chief Executive operates, how many others feel the same way? This is fast becoming a disenchanted, fragmented nation. I'm sure other nations see that and are licking their chops. Conquer from within; isn't that a Communist objective? We may yet prove to be our own worst enemy.
____________________

Don't look at me...I didn't vote for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home