Friday, September 15, 2006

Just when you think you've done something NEW, you find out...
IT'S ALL BEEN DONE BEFORE!!!

In today's "Huckleberries Online" blog (www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/hbo), there appeared a photo that just literally nailed me to the wall! I couldn't help but just stare at it, because it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen...someone used a camera trick to take this picture of the great outdoors...I'm no photo-bug, so I can't even begin to guess how this was done...



So, the above image, nice as it is, immediately reminded me of an old record album that came out back in the late '60s, by "The Cyrkle" (Circle), you know, those guys who had hits with "Red Rubber Ball" and "Turn-Down Day", the latter of which is just about the most-out-of-tune song ever to hit the top-40...it has a "Sitar" twangin' away in the background tunelessly...



Anyway, this album, "Neon" came out after the Cyrkle hit big with those two aforementioned songs, the only two hits they would ever have. Still, they got to make records, and even went on tour with the Beatles in 1966, so they did all right. Certainly, something to be proud of. I must have a one-track mind, though. I see a beautiful picture and I immediately think of an album cover. I think I have a "Stereo" copy of this album. So, make that a "two"-track mind...

Sixties musicians continue to have an 'impact' dept.: It turns out that Chad Stuart, half of the '60s English duo "Chad and Jeremy", actually lives in Blaine County, here in Idaho. I would imagine that's south of here (Coeur d'Alene), somewhere. Anyway, he's having to pay a court-settlement for hitting a lady flagger with his car and then driving off. The newspaper article I read said Chad & Jeremy acquired fame with their song, "Rest In Peace", but actually that tune came out after they'd had their only-THREE big hits, namely "Willow Weep For Me", "A Summer Song" and "Yesterday's Gone", a tune which I'm sure ol' Chad will be singing when he gets his court debt paid. They also recorded "From A Window", a song written, but never recorded by, the Beatles.
____________________

So, I'll now conclude this posting with a song in my heart. Which comes from the tons of vinyl in ye olde record room...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home