Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Nothing much to blog...and it shows...
Hey, at least I'm honest about it!

I get most of my photos from the "Huckleberries Online" website. At that site, they'll post weird photos and we're all supposed to comment on them. The winning comments are then posted on the main page for all to see. Thing is, I'm a slow thinker. I often think of my great ideas long after the contest is over. Better then, for me to do the 'photo-satire' thing. Not in THIS case, perhaps, but you know what I mean...anyway, I've had this photo for a while, and I was never sure what to do with it. So I got "painfully obvious" with it, and here 'tis...



You, too, can see similarly wacky fotos at www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/hbo, that wacky place on the internet. That's where us blog hoodlums hang out. So ya might wanna watch yer back.
____________________

Is it me, or do they look strange dept.: This last weekend was just ultra-hot around here. When I'm in the park, I get a charge out of seeing the seagulls play upon the wind. Say what you want about them, but they are very graceful. Except for this last hot weekend. They'd just stand there on the beach in the hot sun with their mouths open. I guess they "pant", probably like dogs. And, when they were flying, a lot of them had their legs hanging down in mid-flight, as if the heat robbed them of the energy to tuck their legs close to their body. They all just looked tattered, somehow. Which was how I felt in the 100+ degree heat. Hmmm...that would be a great name for a punk-rock band: "Tattered Seagulls".
____________________

Maybe it's an anti-loitering thing? dept.: The benches up near the Sea Wall in the City Park are becoming increasingly uncomfortable to sit on. Could this be a sinister plan to prevent deadbeats such as me from hanging around the park too long? Could it be I'm just paranoid? Either way, it's possible, but lemme 'splain: Each bench features two boards on the back, and two boards that you sit down on. Well, on most of the benches, while ONE "bottom board" is straight, the other "bottom board" sags, so what you're sitting on is basically two boards at two different levels, and that's enough to give you deluxe hemorrhoids. (To paraphrase Steve Martin, "blogging...ain't pretty"!) Might be something for our illustrious park crew to work on if they can't find anything else to do...
____________________

Now I know why they call 'em gut-bombs dept.: I got hungry for a cheeseburger the other night. Sometimes there's nothing as satisfying as a big hot n' sloppy greasy cheeseburger. So I went up to Jack In The Box and ordered their "ultimate cheeseburger" from the drive-thru and salivated all the way home waiting to bite into the thing. So I did get home and I did bite the burger, verily...it tasted like "something"; but it was just kinda dry, the cheese was dry, the catsup (ketchup?) seemed to be dryly baked into the meat, and if there was grease in there, it, too, solidified. That was three days ago, and I'm sure that burger is still banging away inside my digestive tract somewhere. Had the Gov't Way bridge not been out, I woulda gone to "Carl's Jr."...they make a pretty mean flame-broiled burger. Perhaps "Jack In The Box" should cut back on its advertising budget and focus their finances on cheeseburger-making instead.
____________________

I realize they have the right-of-way, but...dept.: I was driving slowly up Sherman Avenue around 9 or 9:30pm this evening. "Slowly" is just about the only way you can drive on Sherman. Whoever came up with the plan to change it from 4-lanes to 2-lanes downtown is an IDIOT, by the way. Anyway, as I was heading east, the light at 3rd and Sherman turned green, so I was about to proceed thru the intersection when a young couple, BOTH of them, darted out in front of me. They STOOD on the street corner, and crossed as soon as THEIR light turned RED. I may have been driving slowly, but I sure didn't BRAKE slowly. So, I saved TWO lives. Funny thing was, as they crossed the street heading north, they didn't even LOOK at my car. Well, maybe they're in love...which would prove that "love is blind"! Well, Cd'A, you wanted tourists and now you got 'em!
____________________

So there ya have it, another bunch of meaningless instances from my dull, dreary and insignificant life. But on the plus side, it looks like my short-term memory is working pretty well. What, me worry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home