Monday, June 12, 2006

Welcome to the wide wonderful world of...
Obsessive-compulsive blogging!

I can imagine that "obsessive-compulsive-blogging" will be the newest psychological malady du jour...a cyber-oriented "cause celebre". It's easy to get sucked in, after all. Blogging can be a great release, especially for someone like me, who doesn't really like to 'confront', yet wishes to make his opinions known. During "about" the last week and a half, though, I've been "blog-grinding", my term for typing something, anything, in order to keep my blog fresh. Is this "blog burnout"? Ideas for posting are few and far between these days. I read the newspaper for something to blog about, but I don't have the mental energy to even make notes of what I've read.

I've had over 10,000 hits on this blog since I began it last September. And I've been posting like a madman. And I've enjoyed those posts; I really have. But for some reason, lately I don't have the energy to post like that; sometimes I've had 2 or 3 (or more) posts in a day, and it's quite a pace to maintain, after all. I feel my blogging enthusiasm waning. You might've noticed that I didn't post anything at all over this last weekend. I think my brain needs a break. The last time I felt like this (last summer), I got crazy and deleted everything I've ever written. I'm not about to do that, but I am going to give myself the option of not blogging every day, if I don't want to. It could be I'll have some hot and heavy topic to blog about tomorrow, but if I don't, and I don't wanna post, I won't.

I've tried to be aware of all that's going on, what with all of my multi-part posts, and they are a lot of fun to write. When I feel like writing them, that is. Last Friday, I posted one of those multi-part things, but I felt like I was "grinding it out". I think I try to know everything, I try to write about everything, but day after day after day after week, after month...you get the idea. Right now, it's hard to write THIS post. It's almost like, I'd just like to cover up the computer with a big cloth so I can't see it. So I wanna "cut back" on the sheer number of posts I've posted.

Maybe I'll just let whatever I post revolve around a photo, such as the one of Coeur d'Alene Lake (below)...I can always write about my memories of something, for those are unique; after all, we each have unique memories, don't we? And even though I'm cynical about a lot of things, "constant cynicism", such as what's been an ingredient of 99% of my postings, just isn't me. Or is it? I guess I'll find out. So, what I'm gonna do is give myself the option of taking a couple (or more) days off each week, and I'll just go from there. So I'll leave you with this photo, and I'll go from there...



I wouldn't be surprised if this view of the "point" at Tubbs Hill was taken from one of those ultra-overpriced rooms at the top of the Coeur d'Alene Rezzort. For those prices, the view had BETTER DOGGONE-WELL BE A GOOD VIEW! (An example of my constant cynicism) Me, I think I'd rather stay in a cheap motel and see the lake for free. That's me, though.
____________________

Don't worry...I'm giving myself a bit of flexibility so I don't have a major meltdown. Those of you who compulsively blog like I do will understand. Maybe I should form a chapter of "bloggers anonymous"?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had a little bit of this blog burnout. It is always temporary but hey -- it's not like we get a paycheck. Give yourself a break. Your readers are bloggers too - we understand and we will always be back!

I took almost a whole week here lately -- now I am trying to outsmart it my writing a daily theme on one post! There are days, I don't even read the paper.

Your posts are full of great content on a daily basis. I don't know how you do it!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Lil ol' me... said...

Thanks Stebbi, for the kind words. As far as the "great content", well, it's "content", if not really all that great. My mind just kinds whirrrrs around at the speed of light all the time and I just pump out the columns. Lately I've been feeling some weariness, tho. That doesn't mean I can't blog; I've just gotta take it easy for a while, and maybe find some sort of "different way" of doing this. But, when I run across I know something about, I'll toss in a blurb...

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home