Thursday, May 18, 2006

NAMES, TAGS, NUMBERS, LABELS...
Just when I thot I'd heard them all...

On the interactive blogsite many of us regional bloggers visit (www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/hbo), there's a lot of commentary going on about political races, donations to campaigns, who's outspending who, who's in danger of getting too much financing, yadda yadda yadda. Political sentiments and attacks abound. Well, it's a free country, after all, and debate is one thing that makes our nation fascinating. Too much debate, though, and I just tune out. I am not "really" political. I figure what's gonna happen, is pretty much gonna happen, no matter who's elected. Yeah, I'm a professed ignoramus.

Anyway, one label that I ran into for the first time (on that blogsite) was the term "wingnut", which I took to mean someone who was always griping and/or exaggerating about whatever political issue was being, well, debated. So I've dealt with that term; I thot it was kinda cool, anyway. When I see "wingnut" used as a label, I kinda think "wacko". Well, now, another label has presented itself, and again, I can only try to analyze how it has been used in context. The term is "tinfoil"; I take it to mean, those who generate "cheap shots" at candidates or issues. "Tinfoil" being 'cheap', after all. But again, I'm ignorant. I could be completely wrong about this. So, I "Googled" tinfoil, and found something I could relate to...


















...if THIS is the 'tinfoil' they're talkin' about, count me in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home