Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My brain seems to be somewhere else.
I've been looking for it all day!

I like to go out, read the paper, take note of what I've read, and then comment on that stuff in my blogs. But these days, I can't seem to apply myself to much more than the comics page. As long as I don't read the stupid "Get Fuzzy" strip, I'm okay. Well, that and the deplorable "Mallard Fillmore", which has NEVER been funny. DUCK!

We want a pitcher, any kind of pitcher dept.: Felix Hernandez was supposed to be the next big thing, the "phenom" we've all been waiting for, with that over-100mph fastball, and he did pretty well, the last part of last season. Last night, he relied mainly on off-speed pitches, and got hit all over the place, and he looked flat-out UNINSPIRED. I suppose the mellow-cool-vibe of Seattle has a drugging effect on the Mariners. It has an effect on me, too. I like to watch their games, but I really don't care if they lose anymore. Right now, I'm watching Jamie Moyer's blazing 57mph fastball. Yawn. Tonite, the M's are tied for the lead. So far.

I'm getting really good at spending money dept.: It's quite a talent. I drop $700here, $490 there. Today I got rid of another $600. So I paid in full for my first steroid shot. Only two more steroid shots to go. Plus arthritis doctor appointments, plus another visit to my primary care physician. I'm on a one-man crusade to make sure that area Doctors can afford new golf clubs and the latest in camera equipment, obviously. And I'm doing my part. I buy second-hand clothes so I can make sure as much money as possible can be used for paying my bills. Yes, I am a true American. A patroit, really.

What is it with gas prices dept.: At Flying J Truck Stop, where gas is usually lower than anywhere else, gas was up around $2.60 today. I think we'd better take Prezzident Bush's advice and start burning CORN. Corn is the solution to our gas prices, he says. He actually said that. Something about corn being used in lead-free gas or whatever. Bush's remarks about corn give ME gas. But, back to the topic: At two stations across the street from each other on East Sherman in CDA this week, there was a 20-cent DIFFERENCE in gas prices. Well, I guess someone's making money. And, someone's making MORE money.

This picture may not be worth a thousand words dept.: I went down to the park today; it always feels good to go down there. I feel a sort of "relaxation" I just don't seem to find anywhere else. Perhaps the City Park is one big "spirit world", I don't know. Or, maybe it's just the relative spaciousness of Coeur d'Alene lake. Well, the upcoming old photo shows a cabin on the lake, with a boat docked out in front. The unique thing about this photo, taken about 1910, is that our area featured 'mystery guitarists' even way back then. Times never really change.



Obviously that guy is a-pickin' and a-grinnin. Hee Haw!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lil ol' me... said...

Mr. Sage...(are you a wise old sage?); on "Imus in the Morning" today, the newscaster reported that a station in New York City was selling gas for 4 bucks a gallon. Ack Ack Ack. I need a car that runs on water!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Lil ol' me... said...

51 here, and If I went by what most people referred to me as, my screen name would be profane.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home