Monday, October 31, 2005

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
(or, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!)

I usually go to the good ol' "Google" search engine to find pictures of things I wanna post about (like the "Goat" photo in the post below this one). Well, it looks like the folks at Google have a sense of humor; in honor of Halloween, they've revised their logo to look like this:

I think that's really cool...a big organization with a sense of humor. That's why I have "The Gecko" when it comes to car insurance. Their commercials are hilarious! Anyway, it is Halloween Evening; I've got candy by the front door, so hopefully some ghosts and goblins will stop by. If not, it looks like I'LL be "goblin" the candy!
____________________

I am probably in the minority on this issue, but if I see ONE MORE REFERENCE to that damn play that will be in Spokane for the next 6 weeks, I'm gonna dropkick my TV and Radio! It's "Lion King" this, "Lion King" that, and it's all over the newspapers as well. COME ON, PEOPLE, it's only a damn PLAY! It doesn't RATE that much importance! Talk about beating a DEAD HORSE! I am actually STEAMED about this!
____________________

Gasoline Dept.: I don't know if "where" I get gas is the cheapest place in town; I go there because their PUMPS are the easiest ones to use. Up at the A&D mini-mart on the corner of 4th and Appleway (I still think it's "Best Avenue"), I paid 2.36.9 today. I put in my customary $20 dollars-worth, and was happy to see the needle in the gas gauge actually above HALF-FULL for a change!
____________________

It's always fun going around to different businesses and seeing employees dressed up in Halloween costumes. A young lady dressed up like a '60's hippie served me breakfast this morning; elsewhere, restaurant employees were dressed as gangsters and witches. Same thing at the grocery store. I think it's great when businesses let their employees "get goofy" once in a while. I hope it's not a disappearing tradition!
____________________

While eating breakfast, Donovan's song, "Season of the Witch" came out over the restaurant's speakers. All I need to hear now is "Monster Mash" and my Halloween will be complete. Then, all I'll need is a woman who looks like Elvira, and I'll die a happy man. With a smile on my face.
____________________

Halloween Rimshot Dept.: I never buy a Halloween Costume. My regular everyday "Human Being" costume is scary enough. Ba-da-BING!
____________________

Speed Trap USA dept.: Exercise caution going down 15th Street, south of Harrison; that's one of the CDA cops' favorite places to hang a speeding ticket on ya. Sirens were a-blazin' this afternoon; cars were crawling down that narrow arterial; I wondered why everyone was going so slow...and right there, by Person Field, a crew-cut public servant in blue was scratching out a ticket, for a hapless motorist who was probably wishing he was somewhere else at the time.
____________________

Paperback Writer dept.: I guess there's another biography of the Beatles that's gonna be hitting the shelves soon, if it hasn't already been released. I have read so many Beatles' books by now...plus I have their 10-DVD set of the "Anthology" series. I have the $60.00 coffee-table "Anthology" BOOK. Now, THIS biography is supposed to tell the REAL story. All the infighting, all the head trips, all the facts. I suppose it's a case of "take it all with a grain of salt."

I'll wait for the new Beatles-Bio to come out in paperback. I'm one of those Beatles' collectors who says "NOT AGAIN!" whenever a new Beatles book or DVD is released, but then again, I fork out the wallet and part with hard cold cash. And I haven't even mentioned the "Beatles collectibles" I've bought on Ebay!
____________________

Well, that's the end of another posting. It's getting cooooold out there, so don't stand in the Pumpkin Patch, waiting for the "Great Pumpkin" too long or you might freeze. Time now for me to watch Monday Night Football and see if any unsuspecting trick-or-treaters are brave enough to approach my doorstep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home